7 Reasons why you DON’T need a DCIM solution
February 11, 2019 in
- You are not worried about outages. Your Data Centre manager has it covered and knows exactly how much capacity you have… it’s all on a clever spreadsheet on their laptop.
- Your Data Centre manager was born on the planet Krypton and is both indestructible and omnipotent. They would also never get another job in an industry chronically short of experienced experts.
- You don’t want your IT and Facilities teams to communicate effectively. They don’t like each other anyway so best to keep them in silos!
- Strategic decisions about Cloud, Colocation, Edge and Data Centre investment shouldn’t be made on accurate capacity data. The best decisions are made in ignorance. The facts just get in the way.
- Your organisation has more money than it needs. Reducing energy bills would just be another problem to deal with and as for climate change? Well that’s just a hippy conspiracy isn’t it?
Data Centre or Edge outages wouldn’t be a problem to your business
- Stranded capacity… who cares! What’s wrong with building data centers you don’t need or taking on unnecessary Cloud or Colo contracts? Your team has to have something to do!
This is why no one needs a professional DCIM solution. What a waste of money that would be!
However if for some strange inexplicable reason you don’t agree you might want to talk to the DCIM experts; AIT Partnership Group Ltd. We can provide you with industry leading DCIM tools or deliver DCIM for you as part of a managed service, just contact us to find out more.